As a customer of Cawdor Cars (Newcastle Emlyn) Limited, trading as Cawdor, we may in certain circumstances collect and process your personal data in the course of our business with you. Under the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016 / 679 (GDPR) you are entitled to be informed of what data we will hold and how we intend to use that data. This Privacy Statement informs you of what data we collect, why we collect it and the lawful conditions we consider appropriate for the processing of your personal data.What Data Do We Collect?
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, most common data being name, address, email, telephone number or IP address. We may collect, store and process the following types of personal data relating to you through our website, online enquiry forms, by telephone, email or in person in our dealerships:
Why We Need this Information
- Information that you provide to us if enquiring about purchasing goods or services from us, including name, address, telephone number, email address and IP address.
- Information that you provide to us in order to purchase goods or services from us including date of birth, finance details, photographic proof of identity, and proof of income.
- CCTV information for security purposes at our dealerships.
- Information that we are legally bound to provide to 3rd parties including driving licence details.
Personal data we collect from you will be used for the purposes it was provided, including the following:
Marketing and Sharing Personal Data
- In order for you to form a legally binding contract with us.
- In order for us to meet our customer service obligations following the purchase of goods or service.
- In order that we can propose and secure a finance agreement for you if required.
- In order for us to verify your identity.
- To contact you in the event of any vehicle safety recalls.
- To send you information which we consider to be for legitimate interest reasons including Marketing Information, MOT reminders, service reminders and customer service surveys.
On occasion we may use your personal data to inform you about relevant products and offers. We will collect information from you including how you would like us to contact you and use your information to contact you about products, services and offers which we think may be suitable for you. We will give you the option to opt out of any marketing material at the time we collect your data for marketing purposes and each subsequent time we market to you.
Should you wish to be removed from our marketing database or advise us of an amendment to your marketing preferences you can do so by clicking here
and completing the online form.
There may be instances where we share your personal data with 3rd party organisations where it would be reasonable to do so, these include
- Finance companies where you have entered into a Finance Agreement.
- Insurance companies where you have purchased Guaranteed Asset Protection.
- Vehicle manufacturers where you have purchased a vehicle from one of our franchised dealerships.
- Our carefully selected partner agencies to carry out customer service activities on our behalf.
However, we would not share your personal data with other organisations for marketing purposes unless we have your consent to do so or the criteria of legitimate interests are met.
There may be circumstances when we are legally obliged to share your personal data e.g.
- To the extent that we are legally obliged to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information, where in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonable likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We may use your personal information to contact you for reasons that we consider are in our commercial interests and/or the interests of our customers and potential customers. We have carried out a Legitimate Interest Assessment for the following 4 areas and consider these Legitimate Interests to be: -
Security of Personal Data
- To send our existing customers and potential customers (that previously contacted us and provided consent) marketing information when we have a relevant and appropriate relationship with them.
- To contact our customers in order to gain feedback on the service we have provided and what we did well or badly.
- To contact our customers to remind them of vehicle service dates, MOT due dates and other maintenance work required such as safety recalls or work otherwise diagnosed by a vehicle health check.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Our website uses security technologies that protects your information from unauthorised use or access and we have stringent protocols in place to protect customer data whilst held by us. Your Rights
As a result of Cawdor processing your personal data you have a number of individual rights:
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request – Upon receipt of such a request, we will, after confirming identity provide all relevant data we may hold to you, in the most practical format and as soon as possible. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us to correct any inaccuracies in that personal data which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to no longer process your personal data for marketing or any other purposes, which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to destroy some/all of your personal data which we will do as quickly as possible. (The Right to be Forgotten)
- You may in certain circumstances request that your data is transferred to another service provider. (The right to Data Portability)
We "cookies" to help improve your online experience.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by our web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer and are safe.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the Peter Vardy domain that issued the cookie to you.
The majority of the cookies on our website do not collect or store personal data, we only store standard internet log data for our internal reporting purposes. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our web site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, keeping your privacy as well as allowing us to improve the web site wherever possible.
Through the use of a cookie, we us tracking telephone numbers on our website which are unique to each individual user which processes the following threepieces of personal data:
- CLI – Caller Line Identity: This is a callers telephone number. This could be a personal landline, mobile, or a shared business telephone number.
- IP Address: The IP address can be a personal one if it is fixed, or it could be a shared one supplied by an ISP.
- Voice Recordings: We will record all calls to our dealerships and retain these recordings for up to 90 days for quality assurance purposes only.
The Cawdor web site does collect some additional personally identifiable information but this is always done through asking you the user to enter details such as your email address. We will never capture personal information without making you aware first.
You still have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website.
You can view a list of the cookies used on the Cawdor website here
. To find out more about cookies in general, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/Data Protection Contact
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01554 749570 to discuss any concerns you have regarding your personal data. You can also submit various data privacy requests here
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time so please check our website for updates.
Read our full Privacy Statement here